The month of October as Dental Hygiene Month! In the spirit of Dental Hygiene Month, is sharing reminders and tips for keeping your child’s smile healthy.Dr. David Moore
Protecting your kid’s smile
In the hustle and bustle of life, it can be easy to let the simple things slip. You may forget about brushing or flossing your child’s teeth for the night, but Dr. David Moore wants to remind you that these are routine tasks that should not be skipped over. The key to and damage in your child’s teeth is with regular, proper dental hygiene.preventing tooth decay
Oral hygiene tips for your child
On a day-to-day basis, remember to use these tips to take care of your child’s teeth and gums:
● Brush for two minutes, twice daily to do away with plaque and bacteria.
● Floss between teeth to remove food particles that toothbrushes cannot reach.
● If your child is older than two years old, use a to strengthen enamel.fluoridated toothpaste
● Rinse with water after meals and snacks to prevent tooth decay and protect tooth enamel.
● Swap out sodas and juices for water and milk. Sodas and juices are sugary and acidic which is dangerous to teeth.
Visit the pediatric dentist
Dr. David Moore also emphasizes the importance of bringing your child into the pediatric dentist near Charlotte, NC for routine exams. Your child’s pediatric dentist will clean and maintain your child’s teeth, as well as inspect your child’s mouth for any issues or signs of decay.